Australian Temporary Residence Migration

The Temporary Residence Migration program is designed to allow migrants to come to Australia for a specific purpose or benefit to Australia.

Australia has a non-discriminatory immigration policy. Any person from any country can apply to migrate to Australia regardless of their ethnic religion, racial origin, gender or sexual orientation.

There are many types of Temporary Residence visas including:

Temporary Work

The Temporary Business Entry Program (TBE) enables skilled applicants to apply for a Subclass 457 Temporary Work (Skilled) Visa sponsored by their Australian or overseas employer and is the foundation of any international assignment and mobility program.

Read More


Occupational Trainee

The Occupational Trainee Subclass 442 Visa is for expatriates who want to improve their occupational skills through training with an Australian organisation or its associated entities.

Read More

Business Visitors

    Business Visitors allow businesspeople, who are outside Australia, to visit Australia for short-term business purposes.

    Read More


    Working Holiday

      The Working Holiday program allows people between 18 and 30 years of age from certain countries (such as the UK) to have an extended holiday in Australia supplemented by short-term employment.

      Work and Holiday

        The Working Holiday program allows people between 18 and 30 years of age from certain countries (such as the Malaysia) to have an extended holiday in Australia supplemented by short-term employment.

        Domestic Worker

        This Domestic Worker visa allows expatriates to come to Australia to be employed as a full-time domestic worker in the household of certain senior executives who are in charge of an Australian office of an overseas organisation.


        The Entertainment visa enables expatriates in the entertainment industry to come to Australia to work for short-term engagements or events.

        New Zealand Citizens and Family Members

        New Zealand citizens and their family members are eligible to enter Australia as well to live and work in Australia.

        Professional Development

        The Professional Development visa enables overseas professionals, managers and government officials to visit Australia for approved professional development training programs through an Australian organisation.

        Medical Treatment

        The Medical Treatment Visas allow people to travel to Australia for medical treatment and consultation for up to 12 months.

        Religious Worker

        The Religious Worker visa allows people with relevant religious training to be full-time religious workers for an established religious organisation in Australia.

        General Skilled Migration

        There are certain General Skilled Migration (GSM) Program Temporary Visas. Such visas include:

        • Skilled Graduate Subclass 485
        • Skilled Regional Sponsored Subclass 487
        • Skilled Regional Sponsored Subclass 475
        • Skilled Recognised Graduate Subclass 476

        For further information regarding these Temporary GSM Visas please refer to our General Skilled Migration Program webpage.


        All applicants are required to meet skill, health, character and other requirements to ensure their entry to Australia is in the interests of the Australian community.

        Strategic Migration can advise you about your eligibility for these visas.

        Contact us today to arrange an initial consultation.


        Disclaimer: This website contains information relating to some of the abovementioned visa categories and has been sanctioned by a Registered Migration Agent. The information is for general guidance only and readers should obtain appropriate professional advice relevant to their personal circumstances before taking any action. Strategic Migration expressly disclaims any liability should the reader act without a professional engagement with Strategic Migration under which you have paid professional fees for immigration advice or assistance.